This list contains suggestions for places that have been recommended by celiacs because they had a good experience there. We do not guarantee any food or method of preparation to be gluten free. Remember that there are frequent changes in staff and procedures at all restaurants,so we cannot guarantee that all remains accurate, although we will update any new information we receive. We hope that you will take the information provided here and proceed to ask your own personal questions regarding your specific needs. At least, we hope that these places listed will be helpful to you in making your decisions.
The following key is used:
- Cost: Price ranges are an estimate of the cost of an average meal for one person, excluding drinks. $ = less than $10; $$ = $10-$20; $$$ = more than $20.
- GFRAP is the Gluten Free Restaurant Awareness Program. To learn more about this national GIG supported program go to the program's Web site.
- AB is Anne Barfield of the Defensive Dining column of Alamo Celiac, our newsletter.
- MP is Melanie Psaltakis of the Defensive Dining column of Alamo Celiac, our newsletter.
- JW is Jeanne Wilkinson of the Defensive Dining column of Alamo Celiac, our newsletter.
- OTV is an Out of Town Visitor who was kind enough to pass along their experiences.
- OM is Other Member of Alamo Celiac.
The date tells you when this information was taken.